Minutes From Training Meeting 28th April 14‏

We had a good meeting last night. Thanks to everyone who attended and those who submited ideas or sent appologies

See below for minutes

If anyone has any suggestions or wants to chat about anythig that came up don't hesiate to get in contact with me

Brian Slattery

 

 

 

 

Waterford Triathlon Club

Training Meeting

DATE: Monday 28th April 2014

ATTENDANCE:

Brian Slattery                                        

Neil Griffin

Mike Bowes

Noel Hayes

Dave Devine

Mark Williamson

Niamh Cook

Kate Dunphy

Orla Trehy

Ann Hennebry

Gavin Quinlan

1.0

Intro & Swimming

Action By

     

1.1

Plan for pool swimming over the summer:

We have never done pool swimming over the summer before but as the swimming has been so successful this year we will arrange if there is sufficient numbers. Notice to be put on website, text sent & coaches to ask after sessions between now and end of current blocks

BS HW EL JOS

     

1.2

Plan for open water swims in Dunmore:

Open water swims to start next Monday at 5 pm (earlier than normal due to bank holiday) and continue thereafter at 6:30. Member are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes early to sign on, be briefed, and buddied up if swimming for first time or nervous

Dave Devine to inquire if we will have kayak support this year

DD

     

1.3

Plan for training aquathon, date, numbers, cost etc:

Plan is for last sunday of May, DD to make inquiries with Crystal regarding using pool etc

Club to communicate to members once its finalised

DD

BS

     

1.4

KD asked if there was club organised swimming done in Tramore. There’s not but some members do swim there once the season gets going.

Members asked to put a note on the forum is they plan on swimming there during the summer

Everyone!

     

2.0

Cycling

 
     

2.1

HW took a begineers cycle last Tuesday which proved successful (9 members showed up)

HW taking session again tonight. AH to take the following week

Weekly TT’s to start in a few weeks, the idea being that new members from the beginners session may come along once they’re comfortable. Peter Barry has volunteered to organise.

PB will need help to organise marshal rota and contact other clubs, we are looking for at least one person to help him

HW

AH

PB

another

     
     
     

3.0

Running

 
     

3.1

Sinead Flynn sent in an idea for a midweek orgainised run in Portlaw. A Wednesday in May has been suggested

It was agreed that this is a great idea (especially the cake at the end!)

BS to put idea on website once a date is finalised

Again help for SF would be appreciated

SF

BS

another

     

3.2

Emmet Kelly suggested a Thursday interval / flogging session be organised. 18:30 – 19:30 was suggested, alternating between Tramore and Town. Route to be short / enclosed to ensure members don’t get left too far behind etc

BS to put details on website once a plan is in place

EK

BS

     

3.3

Sunday long runs to leave from Kingfisher at 9:30 as a group have been doing this for the last while and it is the only large running group so makes sense to keep it where it is.

Various paces can be accommodated, will be useful for people training for ironman & marathons

everyone

     
     

4.0

Other Business

 
     

4.1

A discussion was had about main club race for the year. Dungarvan is sold out and there doesn’t appear to be many club members entered (15 or so)

BS to make inquiries if there is any hope of more members getting entry. KK Castle will most likely be main race if we can’t get more entries as we want as many members as possible to attend

New race in Graignamangh was also discussed – it was agreed this would be a great season closing race (for those not doing ironman. Those doing ironman will have to drive everyone else home from the pub)

BS

4.2

HW furnished a list of new club members to ring, numbers were given to those in attendance to make welcome calls

All present

4.3

Shane Scadding priced up a tent with club logo to act as a meeting point after races. It proved too expensive, decision was made to buy a plain one locally and hang club flags on it

SS also sourced club flags which we will buy as they will be useful for all club races

BS wanted some of those inflatable waving man things you see at football matches, SS doesn’t watch football matches so it’s unlikely to happen

SS

4.4

Next gear night will be next Thursday the 8th of May at 18:30 in the Crystal

HW BS

     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
 

Provisional date for next Meeting on Monday 9th June

BS

     
     
     
     
     
     
     

 

 

5.0

Circulation:

 

 

5.1          All present, Apologies & Main Committee

 

 

Follow Us on TwitterLike Us on Facebook
COPYRIGHT © 2017 WATERFORD TRIATHLON CLUB
SITE DESIGNED BY CLOVEROCK DESIGN